5.07.2003

Where is Raed ? Salim Pax is back!

Okay aside from the Heinlein quote to the right, I kept my political views off of this blog, I assume those of you who visit here want info about reputation economics and futurism, not another blogger doting on and on like they have some original spin right or left. I feel the same way about celebrities using their fame as a platform, I don't care what they think, can they act? can they sing? I even avoided wartime posts about the GI who attacked his own troops with grenades and how they should have pinged his Whuffie. That disclaimer aside, I think this is very relevant to futurism and they way democracies proliferate now on the internet, how one man can speak to so many. I followed his blog up to a week into the invasion when he got cut off, I held my breathe, praying that he would make it back. His non-partisan yet understandably cynical perspectives are refreshing in the wash of heavy handed partisan banter we find on the net. So check out Salam Pax's blog for an ad hoc view from inside the sandbox.

Also kudos to Jeremy and Judith at futurismic for keeping the dialogue open even when we disagree. And to fine centric discourse from John Schwartz in LA at his blog with this fine peace of verbiage "...finding a new voice and having the courage to selectively blend right and left and the margin in the fight for honesty." That is what I am interested in being a part of politically speaking but who cares what I think? Whew, now that that is over with, back to topic.

In follow up: It occurred to me that I mis-spoke in saying Salim Pax perspectives are "non-partisan", of course they are non-partisan. To clarify what I mean is that I hope that we do not repeat the political behavior that was exhibited here in America should there be a war again. It became impossible to understand what was happening to the people and nation of Iraq, and what we were doing with so much pro and con war opinion. Even now few are talking about what happened, everyone is trying to use information to prove their political position. "Hi I am for the war" How are you? "I am against" Salam "-I am in the war" is so much more relevant and meaningful. I hope that makes more sense, and apologize for not communicating more clearly. If you followed the war or even if you got "warred out" I think it is worth while literature to check this blog. A few choice quotes:
"..every time the bombing starts my brother starts humming Nirvana’s 'Pennyroyal Tea'..."
"..too tired, scared and burnt out to write anything.." "..this might be a good time to sell our souls to the (US) Devil"

No comments: