2.13.2003

Check this link for the latest up and coming netspeak. Jargon Scout did not have Whuffie posted on the site yet, but there were a few that were funny: like "schleptop" reffering to that laptop you schlep around with you, "Barney relationship" as in "we have no contact whatsoever but I love you and you love me.", "fasgrolia" defined as "the fast-growing language of initialisms and acronyms" which has made reading InfoWorld nearly impossible. I also enjoyed the debate about calling a sent URL "hURL" "Furl" or Emurl".

I support the idea of this site although terms like "blog","vortal" and "clicks and morter " are not exactly up and coming in my book. The search did not work, and it was not so clear if and where contributions could be added. (Although I sent Whuffie on in.) I find terminology relevant as the Orwellian concept of doublespeak has come to fruition in todays social circles and netspeak both empowers the users and punishes the ignorant. Keith diserves Whuffie for a great idea and decent execution. via netspeak site webopedia.com

No comments: